UA-46835615-1

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

OOTD | Because you know I'm all about the capes





blouse H&M, jeans H&M, boots H&M, DIY coat (former H&M)


Wearing capes is perfect a true fall piece. And I've passed on this trend almost every year, because I thought that it wasn't for me. But lately I have been wanting to get one of my own, especially because my favourite style icons frequently wear one (see my Pinterest board). Unfortunately, most ones cost over 100 euros such as this one from Zara. I probably will invest in one later but at the moment am not capable (I'm just a poor poor student ). So while I was looking through capes I stumbled on a DIY by Lana at LanaRed. She used an old coat to make a cape out of it. I thought it was brilliant, such a cheap way and a way to reuse old items. As I was looking through my rack of coats, I remember putting away a coat I didn't want anymore but would be a perfect candidate for this project. Luckily I haven't been able to donate the stack of discarded clothes and could retrieve it. I tweaked the DIY of Lana a bit to my own liking and produced this coat. I'm quite pleased with the result, it only took me a few hours and didn't cost me any money. I will post the process of my DIY in another post soon.


What do you think of the look and my DIYed cape?






Like this post? To keep track, you can follow me on Bloglovin', GFC, or even Instagram.

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous cloth and color!! XOXO, daphny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik ben heel benieuwd naar je DIY want ik vind je cape wel erg mooi! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really digging capes this season & yours is so pretty!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi dear,nice outfit..i like your cape..
    i'm a new follower(COlorBlock) follow me back if you want
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, this is just such a gorgeous outfit x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous item, so awesome you've made it yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! For the questions, I will respond to them as quickly as possible. x Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...